Re: Oracle and striping??

From: PHerdmanG <pherdmang_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/11/14

Very simply, keep different "write" object types (data, rollback and redo) on  separate stripe sets. Indexes, I'm not convinced striping really helps, unless  you're perfoming significant index range scans... Even then access to indexes  is not like perfoming serial scans of disk.

Advice on striping for data is dependent on DB_MULTI_BLOCK_READ_COUNT (might  have too many words or '_'s here!) On AIX, we use 8Mb striping to be able to  use disk mirroring, on systems without disk mirroring 64K is possible and is  flying...

Regards,
PeterHG. Received on Fri Nov 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST