SNIPED in V$Session

From: Evan Cao <ecao_at_ti.com>
Date: 1997/11/14

Hi

    If you didn't see SNIPED in status line on v$session, you are lucky.

   Is there anyone kindly shine some detail light on this matter.

  I have the following questions to ask( I called ORACLE support a couple of times,
due to a peak level of volume, please leave ... is what I got. I surfed Matelink on
ORACLE web support, searched on SNIPED, I do find some info on that search,
but none of them are helpful.)
1. What is it? what is the difference between inactive or killed? 2. Anyway to kill it? I can not do like

   alter system kill session 'sid, serial3';    for the SNIPED sessions, the serial# changes every time you query the v$session.
3. Is this parameter sqlnet.expire_time will help in sqlnet.ora?

My environment
7.3.2 with HP UX 10.01

Any help or discussion will greatly appreciated.

Evan Cao ( if you prefer do reply me by email please use ecao_at_ti.com) Received on Fri Nov 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST