Re: SYS password not accepted

From: Keith Boulton <boulke_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: 1997/11/13

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997 14:16:21 GMT, hferraz_at_via.at (Heber Ferraz-Leite) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I set up a database under Unix System V R4.2, Oracle 7.1.6. Now I
>can't log in as sys, although I am 100% sure I'm using the same
>password I stated when creating the database.
>
>What I want to do is run catproc, since the loader tells me it can
>only execute if catproc was run as sys.
>
>I can log in as system and as internal. Is there any way to set the
>sys password when loging in as system or internal ?
>

>Heber
>---
>hferraz_at_via.at

Connecting as internal is more or less the same as connecting as sys. Indeed the header in the catproc.sql file I have is:

rem
rem $Header: catproc.sql 09-may-97.10:52:29 gdoherty Exp $ rem
Rem Copyright (c) 1991, 1995, 1996, 1997 by Oracle Corporation Rem NAME
Rem catproc.sql
Rem DESCRIPTION
Rem Run all sql scripts for the procedural option Rem RETURNS
Rem
Rem NOTES
>Rem This script must be run while connectd as SYS or INTERNAL.
Rem MODIFIED (MM/DD/YY)
Rem gdoherty 05/09/97 - add back catsnmp Received on Thu Nov 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CST