Oracle and striping??

From: Craig Munday <cmunday_at_neumann.une.edu.au>
Date: 1997/11/13

All,

A couple of months ago I asked a question about what is an appropriate RAID level to run for an Oracle server. A lot of people wrote back to me and suggested RAID 0+1, which is what I excepted.

In terms of striping, can any one recommend how to configure the disks into stripe sets for an Oracle datbase. For example, should there be one stripe set which contains the redo, rollback, data and indexes? Or should the redo be separated from the other files? What about rollback segments, should these be separated?

I can see benefits for both but lack the experience with striping to know which is the better choice.

I am tending towards puting the redo log in its own strip set becuase of the writing that is performed to these files.

Cheers,
Craig Munday. Received on Thu Nov 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CST