Re: Max # of datafiles??

From: Steve Hersh <_shersh_at_us.oracle.com_>
Date: 1997/11/13

On 12 Nov 1997 22:27:16 GMT, mc12250_at_aol.com (MC12250) pontificated:

> I have a production DB that was created with a max of 30 datafiles in the
>"CREATE DATABASE" statement. I know the parameter in the init.ora file
>can't override this. Is there an easy way to change this without re-creating
> the
>DB?
>
>Thanks,
>andy
>andy_at_mcdirect.com

You need to recreate your control file. Back up your db, execute the following:
sql> ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE;

This will place a trace file in your bdump directory. Delete the first 15 line or so of that file, until you see the ALTER DATABASE command. Then you can change the maxdatafiles param as well as the maxlogfiles/members. Then shutdown your db, log into svrmgr and run this script. It will creat new control files with your new settings. HTH. Received on Thu Nov 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CST