Export/Import question

From: Steve Sochacki <steve.sochacki_at_exmi01.exch.eds.com>
Date: 1997/11/12

This has happened to me twice now. We're Windows NT (4.0) and Oracle 7.3.2. I'm doing a full database export from one server to another server that is identical (switching physical boxes). Both have the same users and schemas. Everything imports correctly except the primary index names. On the export box they're named like XP_PART_MASTER and on the import box they're all changed to the defaults like SYS_C0045. This happened before when I tested and I ended up droppping and re-creating the primary indexes with the correct names. I'm relatively new at this so any suggestions would be appreciated. Received on Wed Nov 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CST