Re: deleting large number of records from table...

From: Jerel McDonald <jerel_at__delete_azstarnet.com>
Date: 1997/11/11

Another way which has not been suggested but I have heard suggested in an Oracle book and used successfully:

Create one large rollback segment. Use the 'set transaction' command to use that rollback segment for your large transaction. All other transactions will use all rollback segments in the typical round-robin fashion. This way you can have many rollback segments but only need one large one.

syntax is something like:
set transaction use BigRollbackSegment;
delete from table1;
commit;

bill <beers_at_mindspring.com> wrote in article <647a9c$s51_at_camel12.mindspring.com>...