Re: Using NT Dual Processor for Oracle 7.3+ Enterprise for NT

From: noreply <noreply_at_all.com>
Date: 1997/11/07

You can use the NT Performance Monitor to verify that both CPUs are being used.

If you are using Oracle's Workgroup Server (and not the Enterprise Server), the only time you will use more than one CPU is if you have multiple sessions running (and therefore multiple DML statements). Each DML statement runs as a single thread underWGS.

In order to use both CPUs to process a single DML statement, though, you need to be using the Parallel Query Option, which is only available with the Enterprise Server. PQO will split DML statements into multiple threads (provided you have the DEGREE set to greater than 0/1 in either the table definition or by using a +HINT in the SQL statement).

Corry Retzke
corry_retzke at redstone dot net