OFA V. NT default directory structure

From: <thomasl_at_expansion.com>
Date: 1997/11/06

If you installed Oracle 7.3 Workgroups then that's why. WorkGroup server installtion is limited. It does not allow you to configure where different tablespaces will go where on different partitions or disk etc. It is limited.

It puts all the datbase objects (Tablespaces) in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs (unix) or for NT everything under \ORANT\database.

If you had Oracle Server -Enterprise version, it prompts you through a series of configurations settings upon installation where you what certain files to go.

I have done several installations of both products - enterprise and Workgroups and that's just the way it works.

For workgroups after installation you now have to manually using sqlplus or the client manager tools to move the files to where you want them to go.

What you may want find out is if Oracle has a built in parameter file that you can edit for tablespace size and location to be used by the workgroup installer.

Thomas