Re: Defragmentation of SYSTEM TABLESPACE

From: Brett Neumeier <random_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1997/11/06

arpege (arpege_at_imaginet.fr) wrote:
: We do have some curstomers that only have (bad design) a single
: tablespace (SYSTEM). Is there any possibility to defragment it ?

Sure: full export; rebuild database; full import.

It would be a good idea to take the opportunity to fix the layout, too: SYSTEM tablespace only for SYS objects, separate tablespaces for rollback, temp, user data, and users indexes. At least.

Alternatively, I think Platinum Technology's TSreorg product is supposed to be able to do it, too, but I haven't seen it so I don't know for sure. And I don't really even know if that product still exists.

--
-bn
random_at_interaccess.com	(PGP 2.6.2 public key available on request)