Re: automating shutdown,startup??

From: Dennis Buddenborg <buddman_at_flash.net>
Date: 1997/11/05

Ian, I'm in total agreement with you. I've been utilizing root's crontab for years to start and
stop my Oracle databases. In addition, using root's su - facilitates controlling any application processes owned by other users that need to be shutdown/started before/after the database(s).

Cheers,
Dennis.