Re: Redo Copy Latches

From: Steve Adams <steveadams_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1997/11/04

Correction !!!

Having checked, I find that it is actually the other way around. Under 7.3 the redo copy latches are level 6 latches and the redo allocation latch is a level 7 latch. This means that it is OK to ask for the redo allocation latch while holding a copy latch, but not vice versa. On earlier versions, the redo copy latches were level 8 latches.

Regards,
Steve Adams
steveadams_at_acslink.net.au