Re: SGA Size Recommendations

From: Adrian Shepherd <Adrian.Shepherd_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 1997/11/04

But then again, if Oracle is the primary use on this machine , keep increasing the size of the SGA until you start to page , and then reduce back down again, try to get your buffer hit ratio above 95%, but dont spend too much time exceeding that as the law of diminishing returns will apply. SHARED_POOL_SIZE is dependant on the number and type of applications you are running, as a guess I would set it at 16-24MB and see if you get any error messages relating to fragmentation or lack of space in the shared pool. log buffer size will depend on the number and type of updates to your system, but I have never had to increase the size above 256K...

--
Adrian J Shepherd

swpatter_at_wwa.com wrote in article <345e8cca.3550157_at_news.wwa.com>...