Re: OFA V. NT default directory structure

From: Matthew Arrocha <marrocha_at_belllsouth.net>
Date: 1997/11/01

You need to reorganize the datafiles to use the I/O most efficiently yourself.
Stop the database and services. Make a copy of the datafile to be moved to the new location. Run svrmgr23 connect internal, issue the command:

        alter database datafile 'oldpath\file' to 'newpath\file';

This will reset where Oracle looks for the datafiles. After running the command issue:

	select * from dba_data_files;
or	select * from v$datafile;

This will give the location the controlfile expects to find the datafile. After verifying the controlfile no longer points to the original path, delete the original datafile at the OS level. This is how to spead out the Oracle datafiles on NT. Currently FOA on NT is a manual process.

Matthew Arrocha
marrocha_at_bellsouth.net

Deborah Luik <dluik_at_sr.csg.com> wrote in article <slrn65frnt.6m0.dluik_at_cobra.sr.csg.com>...