Using NT Dual Processor for Oracle 7.3+ Enterprise for NT

From: <thomasl_at_expansion.com>
Date: 1997/10/31

Hello,

   I have a dual pentium processor with 130Megs of ram. I would like oracle to use both processors to maximize performance.

   Is there a way to tell if Oracle (server process) is using both processors?

   Is there a parameter that I must issue in the init<SID>.ora to enable multi processors?

   Based off my experience with databases, to use multiprocessors, one mut enable it. It is not an automatic thing. Please assist me on this.

   Please email thomasl_at_expansion.com

Thanks

Thomas Ladew
Expansion System Corporation