Re: Optimizer question in 7.3

From: Tony <trodgers_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/10/30

By default, CHOOSE (or CBO) mode typically uses the ALL_ROWS mode of the CBO. ALL_ROWS tends to favor full-table scans over indexes. You might try a hint of FIRST_ROWS in the query to see if that makes a difference. Also, you should have statistics collected for all your tables in the query.

Good luck!