Re: SQL help

From: H. John C. Hopkins <john_spam_free_at_hpe.ufl.edu>
Date: 1997/10/30

And just to follow up...

I should have clarified my question.

I was looking for the occurrence of ID (and its associated date) with the highest rank FOR THAT PARTICULAR ID. FWIW, I assumed NO relationship between date and rank (although in looking at my _data_ more closely, I realized there was!).

Dan Clamage's point about indexing is well taken, and Jonathan Gennick's code provided the selection logic I needed.

Thanks again. Received on Thu Oct 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CST