Re: Problem with table creation (tablespace)

From: Richard Hansen <hansenrd_at_BITEME_SPAMMERS_cadvision.com>
Date: 1997/10/30

In other words, SYS's c_obj# table needs to extent but the desired extent size can't be found in the SYSTEM tablespace - you need to add disk to the SYSTEM tablespace.

Something like :

alter tablespace system

>A little more detail........ recursive SQL are statements issues by Oracle
>in association with your SQL statement. These are typically against data
>dictionary tables (in system tablespace). Your table (being created) needs
>to be identified in the dictionary and the table c_obj# needs to extent to
>accept the insert.
>
>Ken F.
>
>decan_at_expertel.fr wrote in article <877618284.24004_at_dejanews.com>...
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'm a completely newbie concerning Oracle DBA and I have to test some
>> database access from an application.
>> I'm using Oracle 7.3.
>>
>> I was able once to create a sample table, but now that I have to create
>> the 'real' test tables I get the following message :
>>
>> ERROR at line 1:
>> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
>> ORA-01655: unable to extend cluster SYS.C_OBJ# by 140 in tablespace
 SYSTEM

Richard Hansen
hansenrd_at_BITEME_SPAMMERS_cadvision.com

To respond, remove BITEME_SPAMMERS_ from my address