Re: Multithreading under NT

From: X <n_at_nowhere.com>
Date: 1997/10/29

>There are three possiblities to make it work:
>1. omit the oclose
>2. force a thread switch before the oclose (put it into the second critical
>section)
>3. omit the opinit(OCI_EV_TSF) at startup.
>Any suggestions ?

You need to use something like a semaphore to

If you use the opinit(OCI_EV_TSF) it should run OK. You still can't share a connection between 2 threads using simultaneously the DB, but we have it running OK in our tools with multiple connections.

So, what version of Oracle do you use? We use the OCI libs from 7.3.3 (we found out a bug in 7.3.2 that gave an error just in the oopen call).

If you need any extra help, mail me to morgan_at_cardume.com

CardumeSoftware
www.cardume.com Received on Wed Oct 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CST