automating shutdown,startup??

From: Jason Berryhill <speck_at_ecst.csuchico.edu>
Date: 1997/10/29

Hello all--

I would like to be able to automate shutdown, backup, and restart of my db from witin a cron job.

Here is my specific question ==> how do I run a script from the command line with server manager in line mode? The documentation I have does not mention how to do this (at least I haven't found it yet).

Environment ORACLE 7.3.2.3.0 Have Server Manager but NOT sqldba Running on HP-UX 10.20 box.

Thank you very much in advance.

Jason Berryhill

=Web Site: http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~speck =
=email: speck_at_ecst.csuchico.edu or jasonb_at_stormnet.com =