Re: Restoring Database From Tape Onto Another Windows NT Machine

From: Craig M. Wall <cwall_at_petersons.com>
Date: 1997/10/29

Tan Tuang Cher wrote in message <637n3m$d10$1_at_neogeo.pacific.net.sg>...

>If I do a full directories and files backup of Oracle database (7.3)
>and orant directory onto tape from a Windows NT 4.0 machine. Can I
>restore it on another Windows NT machine ? If I can, what about
>registry settings, path setttings and program groups creation, etc.
>
>Thanks.

Trust me Cher, you'll sleep much better at night if you,

1. Install the Oracle software from the cd-rom to the new machine and,
2. Create the instance and services using instance manager and,
3. Create the directories for datafiles, control files, log files, etc. and,
4. Copy and modify the tnsnames & listener.ora files and,
5. Rebuild the database from a full export on tape.

Regards,

Craig M. Wall Received on Wed Oct 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CST