Re: Exporting structure

From: Dan Clamage <clamage_at_mime.dw.lucent.com>
Date: 1997/10/29

For $50 I'll send you a PL/SQL package that reverse-engineers an entire schema. It generates syntactically correct DDL statements for existing: Tables
Constraints (primary key/unique key/foreign key/check) Secondary indexes (ones not related to constraints) Views
Sequences
Synonyms
Grants
You can also specify each type of object separately if you only want to r-e one type or one specific object.

You must compile it as SYS, then run it from SQL*Plus with set serveroutput on and spool to a file.

As a bonus I'll include a stored procedure that lets you see the index definition for any table in any schema (also compiled as SYS). Dan Clamage
1450 W. 116th Ave #25
Westminster CO 80234
Include your email address with your check or M.O. If you email me first requesting it, I'll email it to you, and if you like it, just mail me the check.
- djc

Steve <robertoc_at_fyiowa.infi.net> wrote in article <345766CD.645F_at_fyiowa.infi.net>...