Exporting structure

From: Steve <robertoc_at_fyiowa.infi.net>
Date: 1997/10/29

We need to export a user's schema, structure only, make sizing changes then import this in another instance. I know that the file in which export puts out is a binary file and you're not suppose to edit it. Is there a problem if I take what it exports modify it and clean it up and then instead of using import just execute it as a SQL script or is this a bad idea?

Will I be missing any constraints/indexes etc?

I talked with someone during Oracle Openworld in the Campground area and they said that there was an undocumented ascii export option. When I got back I called Oracle Support and they never heard of it.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Received on Wed Oct 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CST