Re: Oracle Webserver 2.1

From: Victor Kroon <Victor.Kroon_at_consist.twinfo.nl>
Date: 1997/10/29

--------------0BBF9A05E2DBC15512E10B10

Thank you Joel for your quick reply.
I've solved the problem with the password, it was exactly as you told me.
About the other point, I can access the pages on port 80 and port 9999. There is a service called OracleWWWListenerwebsvr running (80) and a service called OracleWWWListenerAdmin (9999). The one that crashes is called OracleWWWListener and I don't know what that service is suspposed to do. Maybe it is a leftover from a failed installation ??????
Anyhow, when it is possible to get rid off this service I think that everything is working just fine.

Victor

Joel R. Kallman wrote:

> You don't indicate if you can still access the pages from the listener
>
> on port 80 or port 9999. If your listener named WWW on port 80 is not
>
> running, this sounds like you have configured an invalid virtual
> directory mapping. Look at the file
> <<ORACLE_HOME>>/ows21/log/svwww.err. It should list what directory it
>
> is unable to locate. You could then correct this by modifying the
> incorrect virtual directory in the Directory Mappings section for
> configuration of this listener.

--------------0BBF9A05E2DBC15512E10B10

begin:          vcard
fn:             Victor  Kroon
n:              Kroon;Victor
org:            Consist B.V.
adr:            Dorpsstraat 192;;;Barendrecht;Zuid-Holland;2992 AB;Nederland
email;internet: Victor.Kroon_at_consist.twinfo.nl
tel;work:       (030) 602666

x-mozilla-cpt: ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
end: vcard