Re: Replication Manager

From: Vince Cross <bartok_at_nortel.com>
Date: 1997/10/28

Rainer Weishaar wrote:

> Hi there
> We're using Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3.3.0.0 under NT.
> We want to replicate the Database to a second one.
> Several times we read the documentation and found several hints about a
> Oracle Replication Manager.
> We found it in a subdirectory of the CD-ROM.
> We tried to install it with the Setup.exe in the same directory.
> An error occured: 'Problem copying files'
> We tried to run the Programm from the CD-ROM -> The Replication Manager
> started but mocked about missing things on the Oracle Server, like a
> replication package and something more.
> The replication package could not be found anywhere.
> Does anybody know how to use the Replication Manager and what could be done
> with it?
> Thanks, Rainer

First of all, with the Workgroup Server, Replication is a purchasable option (i.e. it's not included in the price of the server). You have to have the *Enterprise* Server for Replication to be included for free. The Replication Manager is included with the Oracle Enterprise Manager CD-ROM, but it won't run unless the Replication Option is installed
on the server. Read your install manual for instructions on doing this.

Vince Received on Tue Oct 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST