Re: Question about tables

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/10/28

On 28 Oct 1997 00:16:40 GMT, "Haresh Assumal" <assumal_at_sprynet.com> wrote:

>Is there any SQL command that a user can use to query if a certain table
>exists or not?
>-Haresh
>Email:assumal_at_sprynet.com

If I'm in SQL*Plus and just want to see if the table exists, I usually just describe it:

        SQL>describe schema.table_name;

If I get output, then I know the table exists<g>.

If you want to do this from a program, then you could try:

	select table_name from user_tables
	where table_name ='your_table_name';

regards,

Jonathan Gennick