Max Sequence Number

From: Tom Marcoux <Marcouxt_at_frb.gov>
Date: 1997/10/28

We have a employee table(Oracle HR App - per_people_f) where a user/administrator started entering employee records with manual numbering. We now have an automated employee load process that we want to use with automatic numbering turned on.

One of the employee records was entered with the max sequence number as the value.

I think that if we turn on the sequence for the load it will rollover and start using values to fill in the gap between the 25 or so employees and the single employee with the max value. Is this correct?

We don't want to renumber/delete the employee with the max number because there are open requisitions and other purchasing history related to this employee.

Thanks for any ideas, Tom

Tom Marcoux
202-872-7571
Tom.Marcoux_at_bog.frb.org Received on Tue Oct 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST