Re: Switching between instances

From: Gary SMITH <Gary.Smith_at_cern.ch>
Date: 1997/10/28

Gertjan,

If your client has been written using Pro*C then you can hold references to more than one database. Call several "exec sql connect" statements and then use the "exec sql at <connection name> " syntax for the DML.

Another alternative is to create a view of one database in the other. This can be done using synonyms or views with database links. You then only access one database.

There may be other ways. I have tried these and they both work well enough.

Regards

--
Gary Smith