Re: Connecting to Personal Oracle Database

From: Matthew Arrocha <marrocha_at_belllsouth.net>
Date: 1997/10/28

Actually 2:SID is the Oracle 2-TASK driver only valid for 7.3 < databases. In Oracle8 run the net8easyconfig program and create a bequeth alias connection to the database.

Matthew Arrocha
marrocha_at_bellsouth.net

Malh1156 <malh1156_at_aol.com> wrote in article <19971023211500.RAA18984_at_ladder01.news.aol.com>...
> Hello everyone,
> I just installed Personal Oracle 8. I said yes to create starter
 Database.
> The problem is I cannot connect to the starter database using
 scott/tiger,
> PO8/PO8 from the forms4.5 or sqlplus 8.0 OR anything else. I get the
 message
> username/password logon denied doesn't exist.
> I have been able to connect internal using svrmgr3.0 and I can see
 that all
> the users that starter database creates exist ( scott, PO8, DEMO etc. ),
 BUT I