Re: TNS Connection Lost

From: Tsurng-Chen Chern <maxchern_at_kazakhstan.it.earthlink.net>
Date: 1997/10/27

This problem probably caused by the bugs in PRESPAWN LISTENER. You should check your alert_itora.log file to see whether you got lots of "ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [15427], []..." error messages. Last time I check, ORACLE people said this bug will be fixed in the next patch release. However, I didn't see anything related to this problem in patchset 7334 yet.

For now, it should not affect any daily operations, you just can not connect from time to time. If you really want to get rid of it, simply comment out anything with PRESPAWN phrase in your listener.ora file will do. Or wait for ORACLE fix it.

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Ed Jennings wrote:

> About two weeks ago I enabled the cost based optimizer in a 7.3.2.3
> instance. The next day people started reporting sporadic problems
> getting into the DB via SQLnet. I have been able to reproduce it myself
> from both unix and windows. As I said it is sporadic. I fail once, but
> retry immediately and get in. The sqlnet.log file left in my home
> directory states:
>
> "Fatal OSN connect error 12547"
> "TNS-12206: TNS:received a TNS error during navigation"
> "TNS-12547: TNS:lost contact"
> "TNS-00517: Lost contact"
>
> There are a few other odds & ends, but these are the main messages. I
> never saw this before using the cost-based optimizer and since it is the
> only change in many months, I have no choice to suspect it. But for the
> life of me I can't figure out how the optimizer mode could possibly
> ffect a connection through SQLnet. Has anyone run into a problem like
> this? Nay help is *greatly* appreciated.
>
> Ed Jennings
> Oracle DBA
> EPS, Inc.
> Wilmington, DE
> --
> jenningse_at_mindspring.com

Max Chern, Unix Software Engineer     |  Voice: 818-296-5014
EarthLink Network, Inc.               |  Fax:   818-296-5113
maxchern_at_earthlink.net                |  3100 New York Dr., Ste 201
http://www.earthlink.net/             |  Pasadena, CA 91107