Oracle Webserver 2.1

From: Victor Kroon <Victor.Kroon_at_consist.twinfo.nl>
Date: 1997/10/27

--------------5973FA38F942D6D65300EFB2

Hi,

Currently I'm testing Oracle Websever 2.1 on Windows NT 4.0 at home. Everything seems to run fine except for two things :

  1. When I boot the system NT tells me that 1 service didn't start, It's the WWWLISTENER that can't find a path ?????? Although this service isn't running you can still access the page's (the webserver is running on port 80 and the admin server is running on port 9999). What seems to be the trouble ?????
  2. I am not able to change the password needed to get access to the administrator functions. Although I changed all the user passwords on database level (even for SYS and SYSTEM) I'm still able to connect with SYSTEM/MANAGER thru the browser ??????????? This looks very weird to me. If you try to run SQLPLUS it won't let you connect using the password MANAGER which is ok.

Anyone help ?

Victor Kroon
Oracle DBA
Consist B.V.
The Netherlands

--------------5973FA38F942D6D65300EFB2

begin:          vcard
fn:             Victor  Kroon
n:              Kroon;Victor
org:            Consist B.V.
adr:            Dorpsstraat 192;;;Barendrecht;Zuid-Holland;2992 AB;Nederland
email;internet: Victor.Kroon_at_consist.twinfo.nl
tel;work:       (030) 602666

x-mozilla-cpt: ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
end: vcard