Switching between instances

From: Gertjan Stil <stil_at_nlr.nl>
Date: 1997/10/27

I am working on an application that has two 'databases', one for real and one to do exercises. The databases have the same structure and will be accessed by the same client application. I intend to make two instances on a parallel server.
I need some information whether it is possible to disconnect from one instance and connect to the other one without stopping my client application. I am running Oracle7.3 on Windows NT4. Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance,