System command from a stored procedure?

From: Mark Aurit <mark_aurit_at_NOSPAM.mail.northgrum.com>
Date: 1997/10/27

In ORACLE*Forms I can execute an operating system command (in this case a simple UNIX "cd") with something like:
HOST('cd /usr/local/bin');

Is it possible to create an operating system command from within a stored procedure? None of the books I have makes mention of it, and when I tried a simple stored procedure it wouldnt compile.

Thanks, Mark
mark_aurit_at_mail.northgrum.com Received on Mon Oct 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CST