Re: ORACLE on NT vs. UNIX

From: Bert Scalzo <bscalz01_at_7-11.com>
Date: 1997/10/27

Luis,

32 Meg RAM, one CPU and only two SCSI disk is a very minimal Oracle configuration. I recommend getting at least 64 Meg RAM with your current setup. But 2 CPU's and 4 disks would make a world of difference as well. As for UNIX or NT, NT might be more usable in general and the performance loss from the OS choice is not going to be as much an issue as running Oracle with only 32 Meg RAM.

Bert Scalzo
EDS
Plano, Texas