Re: uRgEnT - How to get the size of an export file before really doing it.

From: terryg8 <trg_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/10/27

Jorge Meirim wrote:

> 1.How do I get the size (more or less) of an export file before actually
> doing it.
> I dont have DBA permissions, and I need to know if I have enough disk space
> on
> 24 Unix machines before export their databases.
> This is quite urgent.
>
> 2. In wich tablespace is kept the triggers and packages and
> procedures/functions.
>
> Please reply to
>
> Transparente_at_mail.telepac.pt

Heres a guess,

Create a pipe and export to the pipe instead of a file.
Run a background job taking the input for wc -c from the pipe.

I'm assuming wc -c counts characters. I don't have access to a unix box right now to test any of this.

Hope this helps,
Terry Received on Mon Oct 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CST