Possible bug with Oracle Web Application Server 3.0.0.18.0

From: Asad Rustum <asad_at_online.bonnier.se>
Date: 1997/10/25

Hi!

We have recently migrated from OWS2.1 to WAS3.0.0.18.0 (Solaris 2.5.1). Our applications were working just fine under OWS2.1. One of them would display different options if you had authenticated yourself , i.e if you, through your browser, had set the envirement variable REMOTE_HOST. The application would get the enviroment variable using Oracle's PL/SQL package owa_util.get_cgi_env().

Since we migrated, this does not work any more. After looking into it, it seems that WAS3.0, or rather the owa_util package does not even attempt to get REMOTE_USER.

Please, have any of you run into this problem? If so, how did you resolve it. I'd love to have a workaround for it.

Regards,

Asad Rustum
Bonnier Online
asad_at_online.bonnier.se Received on Sat Oct 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT