Is it safe to kill the parallel query processes??

From: Geoffrey Hui <ghui_at_newworldtel.com>
Date: 1997/10/25

When we run a query of a large table (over 3,000,000 rows) where the table's degree is 2, we get the following error:

no rows selected

We then discovered that we have more than 1 parallel query processes with identical names running in the background (like ORA_SID_P000 appears two times), is it safe to kill one of them?? If I kill the wrong process, does PMON will automatically spawns on later on??

We are running 7.1.5.2.3 in OPS under OpenVMS 6.2. Thanks for any comment!!

cheers,
geoffrey Received on Sat Oct 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT