Help: Forms_DLL function in Form4.5...

From: Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>
Date: 1997/10/24

I read an article and know that Forms4.5 has forms_dll function to execute a sql statement in Form4.5.

        So I want to use forms_dll function in Oracle Form4.5 to do sql statement execution. I try
to use as follow with a button: (in when-button-pressed trigger)

	forms_dll(insert into temp values('testing'));
	forms_dll('commit');

	It's OK when I compiled these statements. No error message shown. After
I pressed the button,
I use SQL*PLUS to display the content of table temp. However, the table temp does not contain the row 'testing'. Does anyone knows the possible causes of this problem and how to solve it? (table temp only has 1 attribute)

Thanks,
Jimmy Received on Fri Oct 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT