semget error

From: Someone <tsbsps_at_nowhere.ca>
Date: 1997/10/24

Hello all again,

K, running Oracle 7.3.2.2 on a HP-UX 10.10 machine. Every night I bring down Oracle with a DBSHUT, back it up , and do a DBSTART to get it going. Been working fine for about 6 months and now this week, it warm starts and I get a message in my backup log as follows:

SVRMGR>ORA-07279 semget error, unable to get first semaphore set. HP-UX Error: 28 No space left on device
Additional Information: 1

How's that for a descriptive message eh? Anyway, I've increased the semaphore kernal parameter, rebuilt the kernel and rebooted and it didn't help. The question is, what device is there no space left on exactly? Can't find the message in my Unix docs anywhere. Oracle manual says to increase the semaphore parameter which I've done.

Thanks Received on Fri Oct 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT