Re: Pro*C and Multi-threading on Solaris 2.51: Performance problem - sample~1.gz (0/1)

From: Andris Nestors <nes_at_piglit.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/10/24

PHILIPS TOM wrote in message <344f1d83.9504960_at_news>...

>The problems seems to be the 'EXEC SQL ENABLE THREADS' line.
>When I comment this out (together with the CONTEXT lines) and
>compile with threads=no, the programs runs 100 times faster !@#$%

I have seen this problem. It is a known bug with the threads stuff - Oracle sent me a patch to fix it. Sorry but I cannot remember the bug number.

>Another (minor) problem is that the PRO*C compiler crashes when
>I pre-compile with option threads=yes and none of the above
>directives are present in the code (all commented out).

We also have this problem. This fix is to put "exec sql enable threads" in your code if you are using threads 8-).

/Andris Received on Fri Oct 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT