Re: commit afer unable to extend rollback segment

From: Lembit Loo <lloo_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/10/24

If creating a bigger rollback segment is not an option, just put a where clause into the delete statement and commit regularly.

DELETE FROM my_table
where rownum < 1000;
commit;

and run it as many times as needed.

Danilo Gimenez wrote:

> Hi, Sasha.
>
> Sasha Ostojic <sasha_at_UltimateTech.com> escreveu no artigo
> <628jpd$r8b$1_at_news-sj-3.cisco.com>...
> > If I do "DELETE FROM my_table", and it eventually comes back with an
 error
> > saying "unable to extend rollback segment", is it OK to do a COMMIT?
 Will

--
Lembit Loo
Senior Consultant

Oracle Corporation

Disclaimer: all opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily
represent those of Oracle Corporation.