Re: Server Process Memory Usage

From: Martin J. Malley <mmalley_at_radiks.net>
Date: 1997/10/24

>	Could someone please tell me the usual amount of memory used

> >per connection to an Oracle database running on a SUN box. At this
> >time each connection is reserving 30m and using 44m just for a
> >connection. I think that this is a little steep. Is there anyway to
> >reduce the usage I can't seem to find any documentation on this
> >anywhere here.

The memory used by the dedicated server process will include most of SGA, which is shared memory. So if you look at the size of the background processes (which also use the shared memory) you should note that the dedicated server processes (connections) are a bit bigger, because they also have some space for sorts and other overhead. You can reduce the marginal difference by lowering sort_area_retained_size. Received on Fri Oct 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT