Re: Oracle webserver 3.0

From: Tim McConechy <tmcconec_at_wie.com>
Date: 1997/10/23

Tor Emil Olsen wrote:

> I get the following message when i am trying to connect to it with
> Netscape:
> The request did not specify a valid virtual host.
>
> What is wrong with my system. I have just done a normal install of the
> product

I am assuming window nt 4.0 because that's what I have. 1)The wwwlistener service is either not running (if running NT check control/panel services to see if OracleWWWListener30ADMIN and

    OracleWWWListener30YOURNAME (www on mine))  is started. If not start it.

I have best results typing owsctl start www

                            or owstcl start admin  because sometime I
experience service could not be started.

2)I f it is is started then the address you entered is on the wrong port or it is not listening to that address. Type in your browser 100.000.000:8888 (your machine's ip to hit the admin page enter your password go to web listeners and hit configure on the one you want to change. Where it says ports listening on enter that at the end of what you typed.

Or if you got this error from a differnet machine chandes are the mchine name.domian name i.e.

machinename.yourcompany.com is not regested with any DNS server to fix this use the IP address instead as the address the listener is listening on.

Not clear? email me again with specifics. I haven't much time.

Cheers Received on Thu Oct 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT