Re: Problem with AIX 4.1.5 File System & Oracle8..... URGENT! Production System is down !!

From: Patrick Tan <patrick_at_mikoria.sps.mot.com>
Date: 1997/10/23

Hello, Kevin,
I still have not been able to fsck the disk as yet. I'll try fsck in Maint Mode once I have
imported the disk /dev/hd4.

You're right! Oracle problem was not related to the "bad inode problem". Earlier in the day
before disaster striked, I was installing the terminal server software. My guess is that
it must have updated the kernel. Since Oracle had been auto-linked to the older kernel,
the system calls made by Oracle did not work with the new kernel.

Once I had relink the Oracle products, everything worked, since Oracle system calls had been
incorporated into the new kernel. The surprising thing was that I had to also relink listener.

Appreciate your help and suggestions.

Regards,
-Patrick Tan-

Thanks for responding.....

>> I'm not sure how this is related, but my Oracle Database now refuses to
>It probably isn't related. Your Oracle code is probably installed into
>/dev/hd2 (/usr file system), which would be isolated from /dev/hd4
>problems, usually.
>>
>> > $ svrmgrl
>> > Oracle Server Manager Release 3.0.3.0.0 - Production
>> > (c) Copyright 1997, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
>> > 0509-037 System error - error data is: oracleTSGMCU
>> > 0509-023 Symbol pthread_getspecific in svrmgrl is not
 defined.
>> > 0509-023 Symbol pthread_setspecific in svrmgrl is not
 defined.
>> > 0509-023 Symbol pthread_key_create in svrmgrl is not
 defined.