Re: Oracle6.0.36 MAX_DATA_FILES problem

From: Darren Mallette <khs_riderx_at_geocities.com>
Date: 1997/10/23

"Peter H. Larsen" <plen_at_novo.dk> wrote:

>Hi,
>It's been a while since I've worked with Oracle 6, but as far as I remember
>you have a MAX DATA FILES in your ALTER DATABASE and/or in your
>database-initialization parameters (init.ora). The later should be tunable
>just by changing the value. If it's only available using ALTER DABASE, open
>the database in NOMOUNT mode and try to alter the value.

I had this problem at a client a while back on 6.0.36. As I recall, I just added the parameter MAX_DATA_FILES = n , to the init.ora file and bounced the database. I believe the default for n was 20, but the maximum on DEC Ultrix was much higher. Then I redid the tablespaces, because they were adding small (10 MB) files every time they got "ORA-01653 unable to extend table name.name by num in tablespace name"

-Darren

--
Remove the "x" to reply.