Re: Oracle6.0.36 MAX_DATA_FILES problem

From: Peter H. Larsen <plen_at_novo.dk>
Date: 1997/10/23

Hi,
It's been a while since I've worked with Oracle 6, but as far as I remember you have a MAX DATA FILES in your ALTER DATABASE and/or in your database-initialization parameters (init.ora). The later should be tunable just by changing the value. If it's only available using ALTER DABASE, open the database in NOMOUNT mode and try to alter the value.