DBWR setting on NT ?

From: <sl3r9_at_cc.usu.edu>
Date: 1997/10/23

I want to know what an optimum setting for DBWR would be for Oracle running on an NT3.51, multiuser environment (about 150 users-OLTP) and about 4-5 batch processes running daily.
I was thinking a DBWR=5 or 6 would be sufficient. I am seeing a large number of data block contention, and this could be because of DBWR. By setting a DBWR value, what other effects could be taking place and do I need to consider any other aspects for reducing this contention.
Thanks a bunch.
Raghu Received on Thu Oct 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT