Re: Webserver Output

From: Goran Korsgren <x.goran_at_champion.se>
Date: 1997/10/23

In article <621n0e$27n$1_at_opera.iinet.net.au>, "Vaughan Castine" <vaughan_at_unforgettable.com> wrote:

> Use the UTL_FILE package.
>
> Ken Nichols wrote in message <3441DDC3.6FFC_at_mcsilo.ilo.dec.com>...
> >Dan,
> >
> >I haven't tried it, but there's no reason that DBMS_OUTPUT shouldn't
> >work. If turning on SERVEROUTPUT is the problem, that can be done
> >automatically (via login.sql) for the user session connected to the
> >PL/SQL agent.
> >
> >If this doesn't work, email me and I'll try it here.
> >
> >Ken
> >
> >Dan Nichols wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Everyone:
> >>
> >> Using the Webserver PL/SQL agent, it it possible to send the output of a
> >> query to a file?

With some slight modifications of the OWA_UTIL package you can use it to produce files in Excel-format and (depending on browser I assume) even have them launch Excel automaticly - the users love it!

If you want to know details send mail.

Göran

--
goran_at_champion.se
Göran Korsgren, ChampionChip AB, Stockholm, Sweden

If replying by mail, please remove x. from address!