Procedures calling DBA tables on version 7.1.6 & version 7.3.3

From: Tao Fan <fant_at_jps.net>
Date: 1997/10/22

<HTML>

Hello,

<P>I wrote a stored procedure which uses a cursor that selects from one
of
<BR>the dba table, namely "dba_sys_privs".&nbsp; When I created this procedure
as
<BR>SCOTT (who has been granted a DBA role) in a version 7.3 ORACLE
<BR>database, it was created without any problem.&nbsp; However, when I
tried to
<BR>create this same procedure in the version 7.1 database as SCOTT again
<BR>who has the same privilege, it gave me an error message:

<P>PLS-00201: identifier 'DBA_SYS_PRIVS' must be declared

<P>However, if I created this as SYS, then it would be o.k. It seems as
if
<BR>in version 7.1 you can only reference a table if it belongs to you,
<BR>which is strange.

<P>Does any one know what the problem is and does ORACLE has a way of
<BR>getting around this without having to create this procedure as the
user
<BR>SYS??

<P>Any help would be appreciated.&nbsp; Thank you.

<P>when reply, please <A HREF="mailto:tao_fan_at_uscs.com">mailto:tao_fan_at_uscs.com</A>

<P>Tao
<BR>--
<BR>When reply, please
<BR><A HREF="mailto:fant_at_jps.net">mailto:fant_at_jps.net</A>
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>