Re: URGENT: LOST OF DATA

From: TurkBear <jvgreco_at_pop.primenet.com>
Date: 1997/10/22

I suspect that you may be out of luck; Oracle stamps the header of each file with an id - if any files have different ids and no rollback or archive files exist to match the id, the database will not open to the date you want. It will recover to the last consistant state and no farther.
Perhaps others have found a workaround, or see it differently. Good Luck
( ps: this is a good argument for running in archivelog mode with archive files sent to a separate device/drive )

John Greco
Oracle DBA ( Netware 4.11, Oracle 7.3.2)